Demand- and Portfolio Management
About the training
Modern project management begins even before the actual project begins, with active management of the preliminary phase. This includes demand management, which records a fundamental need under a transparent process. Essential projects are extracted through various detailing and decision-making stages and made ready for project implementation. This results in the project portfolio, which is used for various planning purposes and budgeting activities. Based on the project portfolio, implementable projects are then launched at the proper time.
You‘ll be able to design and manage, within complex environments, processes and methods for demand and portfolio management.
demand managers, portfolio managers, department project managers, IT project managers, IT managers, process managers
Principles of project management
- Determining demand on a timely basis
- Identifying events which trigger demands
- Controlling the demand process, its stages and exit points
- Categorizing demand (from fast to essential)
- Processing demands (from general to detailed)
- Inclusion of business analyses
- Bringing about decisions
- Combining and coordinating business areas and technology
- Managing the project pipeline (connection to demand management)
- Prioritizing the project portfolio on the basis of expected ROI, project benefits
- Managing portfolio clusters and dependencies
- Reflecting programs and projects in the portfolio
- Dimensioning required resources
- Managing financial aspects and impacts
- Risk management of the project portfolio
- Active control of project portfolios (change control)
Starting up and managing projects from your portfolio and controlling these from a portfolio standpoint
Integrating demand and portfolio management in an organization
- Primary and secondary organizations
- Rules and decisions
- Channels of communication
Are you looking for more?
We offer you this course as an inhouse training for your company. Here you can learn more about our service packages. Tell us more about your needs, so that we can tailor an offer that perfectly fits your requirements.
We offer this course also on several dates as a webinar and face-to-face training in German. You can find all upcoming dates for our open trainings in German on our Website.