Requirements Engineering Fundamentals
About the training
Efficient requirements engineering is an essential prerequisite for project success. This course will introduce you to all essential methods related to requirements engineering. Our training is not limited to writing down requirements correctly. It also includes identifying, structuring and documenting the relevant requirements as well as preparing for subsequent process steps, reviewing and finally managing changes.
Certification – IREB® CPRE Foundation Level
The seminar is based on the current IREB® syllabus and prepares you to take the exam to become an IREB® Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Foundation Level. You‘ll be able to take the certification exam online as soon as you complete the course.
To prepare you for the certification exam, our Web App is available with detailed learning and exam questions.
analysts, requirements engineers, product managers, IT architects, project managers, quality managers, testers
Introduction to the problem of requirements engineering
- Factors which influence requirements engineering
- Requirements engineering terms and concepts
- Identifying problems in a timely manner
- Traditional vs. agile requirements engineering
Fundamental principles of communication theory
- How communication changes requirements
- Using linguistic rules to identify gaps in requirements
Scope, context and interfaces
- Delimiting a system from its environment
- Identifying interfaces
- Being able to clearly delimit levels of analysis
- Describing and structuring functional requirements
- Templates for functional requirements
- Describing and reusing non-functional requirements
- Data and information requirements
- Textual specification of requirements
- Using UML to model requirements
- Using use cases to describe behavioral requirements
Designing requirements documentation
- Standards for specification
- Quality criteria for specifications
Sources for requirements
- Kano model
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Documentation sources
- Existing systems
- Planning the requirements gathering phase
- Interview techniques
- Survey techniques
- On-site analyses
- System archaeology
- Scenario-based techniques
- Creativity techniques
Quality and testing methods
- IEEE 830 criteria
- Review planning and structuring
- Position statements
- Managing attributes
- Setting priorities
- Defining and using viewpoints
- Configuration management of requirements
Tools for requirements management
- RE tool categories and criteria
- Overview of tools and their strengths/weaknesses
The CPRE certification exam will be offered after the training as an E-Exam at a date of your choice. It consists of a multiple choice test. There is an extra fee for the certification exam – you can find information about the examination modalities and fees on our certification overview page.
Are you looking for more?
We offer you this course as an inhouse training for your company. Here you can learn more about our service packages. Tell us more about your needs, so that we can tailor an offer that perfectly fits your requirements.
We offer this course also on several dates as a webinar and face-to-face training in German. You can find all upcoming dates for our open trainings in German on our Website.