ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level – Test Automation Engineer
This training is conducted by our partner trendig technology services.
If there are no dates available, please contact us for further information.
This training focuses on the tasks of a test automation engineer (TAE) – from conception, development and implementation to maintenance of test automation solutions. You will learn the concepts, methods, tools and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and their relationship to test management, configuration management, error management, software development processes and quality assurance. You will learn to apply the methods described across different software lifecycle approaches (e.g. agile, sequential, incremental, iterative) and software systems (e.g. embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional tests).
You can integrate test automation into test processes and choose suitable tools. You can develop a test automation strategy (TAS), build a test automation architecture (TAA), and review and optimize test automation frameworks (TAF). You can convert manual into automated tests and generate and evaluate automated reports and metrics.
Test analysts, tool managers, test managers, test consultants, developers, product managers, system architects
ISTQB® CTFL® certificate, several years of practical experience
- Basics of test automation
- Test automation goals
- Preparatory work for test automation
- test automation strategies
- Processes, concepts and methods of test automation
- generic test automation architecture (gTAA)
- Test Automation Architecture (TAA) design
- Development of the test automation strategy (TAS) and planning of the rollout
- Test Automation Strategy (TAS) and System Under Test (SUT) compatibility and synchronization
- Implementation risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Transition from manual to automated testing
- Review of Test Automation Strategy (TAS)
- Constant optimization of the test processes
- Test Automation Tools
After the training you are able to....
- Understand the goals, pros and cons, and limitations of test automation
- identify the technical success factors of a test automation project
- analyze a system to be tested in order to find the right automation solution
- Analyze test automation tools for a specific project and report technical findings and recommendations
- understand the “design for testability” and “design for test automation” methods for the SUT
- Understand the structure of the Generic Test Automation Architecture
- analyze the factors of implementation, usage and maintenance of a particular test automation solution
- Identify the factors to consider when identifying component reusability
- Apply policies that support effective pilot and implementation activities for testing tools
- Analyze implementation risks and identify technical issues that could cause the test automation project to fail and plan mitigation strategies
- Identify factors that support and influence maintainability
- Classify metrics that can be used to monitor test automation strategy and effectiveness
- create and publish a test execution report
- Apply criteria to determine the suitability of tests for automation
- Understand the requirements of moving from manual to automated testing
- Consider the factors involved in implementing automated regression testing, new functional testing, and confirmation testing
- verify the correctness of an automated test environment including the setup of the test tool
- verify the correct behavior for a specific automated test script and/or test suite
- analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and make recommendations for improvement
We offer you this course as an inhouse training for your company. Here you can learn more about our service packages. Tell us more about your needs, so that we can tailor an offer that perfectly fits your requirements.
We offer this course also on several dates as a webinar and face-to-face training in German. You can find all upcoming dates for our open trainings in German on our Website.